Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Birthday

I had a lot of fun for my birthday.  We celebrated it a day early since that was when Aaron would be home so he could join us.  Aside from the awesome gifts that I got, the highlight of my day was baking my own cake.  It took a little longer that I would have liked.  But, that's what you get when you only have one round cake pan to use.  I found a recipe for a mint cake.  So, the cake part was a white cake flavored with mint extract and a section of the batter was saved to dye green and then add to the white cake, swirled in.  I just used chocolate to fill and frost the cake.  That was fun.  Then I got to frost my cake using the cool cake decorating kit I got last year.  My cake was really just one big experiment, but it was so much fun!  Scott thought it was funny that I had declared I would make my own birthday cake.  I liked it, it tasted amazing, and I think I might have to make it again sometime.  Besides, I got to eat most of that cake, with the help of Eliza because Scott and Aaron are not big cake fans.  More for me!

3 comments:

  1. Your cake is so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great!! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - I'm impressed!! Just another talent to add to your long list!

    ReplyDelete