Thursday, December 13, 2012

Advent Calendar

One of my favorite memories of Christmas growing up is placing an ornament on our Christmas Tree advent calendar.  Each one of us kids would take turns putting up an ornament each day until Christmas.  It was fun because the fuller the tree got, the closer we were to Christmas.
 
I decided that I wanted to make one that our family could enjoy.  So, a week before December was supposed to start, I dived into my felt scraps and began the process of making the ornaments and the tree.  It took me all week working in my spare time, but I managed to get it done for the first of December.
 
I'm rather proud of it, though there are some ornaments that I may try and redo in the future.  I was just glad to have it done and up for December 1st.  Then I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures of it yet.  Here they are.  The entire calendar and ornaments are made of felt.  I tied little jingle bells onto the tree for the ornaments to hang on.  It was a lot of fun!





Only 12 days until Christmas!

1 comment: